Saturday 9 March 2013

Intermittent Fasting - the detox

One of the primary reasons I decided to commit myself to Intermittent Fasting is the Detox benefits I'd read about.

I've felt for quite a while that my whole system would benefit from a fast on a regular basis. I was hoping to target Arthritis, Blood sugar drops, Rest my liver and other organs, Have my body cannibalise any damaged cells, rest my digestive system and whatever else might benefit.

One thing I noticed after a month was that my body sweat returned to what I regard as normal. Usually a day of teaching ended up with a need to change a shirt midday. I had to stay away from certain materials. When  I filmed, long sleeved tops lasted 15 minutes!!

So I was really impressed that at the end of a day my shirt still smelt fresh. It was exactly the sort of thing that confirmed my feeling. I was toxic. The system was not getting a chance to rest because of continuous consuming of calories.

Now I know stools are a sort of taboo subject, but to be honest its a very graphic way to realise all is well or not well within our systems.

This too changed dramatically. I don't really want to expose myself too openly but suffice to say I've noticed some real changes in that area.

I feel stools are really a great measure of your health.

Moving swiftly along.....

So when I recently bought some new long sleeved tops I was very impressed that they lasted an entire day while filming indoors. I thought that perhaps I was emitting some sort of chemical because of the pressure to get the shot right or something. But it seems I was just too toxic.

Also one's breath can also be a good indicator. Personally it seems that that too has changed completely.

The Arthritis is much more stable now. If I overdo it with sugars, Alcohol, spicy food, too many tomato dishes then after a day it plays up. In fact I can feel this acid like feeling run through either my thighs or forearms.

I've some views on Arthritis. It all started improving once I saw a Naturopath. He explained that Sugar caused 90% of the problem. Through trials on my own I fully agree with that after nearly 8 years since seeing him. Its the hidden sugars in Alcohol as well. Acidic Drinks like Cider are the worst for me.

As this is slightly off topic and I don't really have enough time on my Intermittent trial to say if its dramatically improved or not, I'll continue for about year.

No comments:

Post a Comment