Thursday 7 March 2013

Intermittent Fasting - one day or two?

Right From the beginning of December 2012 I was only going to do once a week. I was in no big hurry really. I thought I'd trim off some fat for the Spring of 2013. As I normally only need to come down maximum 6kg or so, a slower shrink I felt would reduce muscle loss.

I'm about 2 months away from the start of May 2013. This is when I usually start filming for my Tai Chi DVD Series.

Personally I think 2 days a week is harsh. I can't help feeling that it will put people off as its too much too soon. 

If  I was to try twice a week I think I'd go mad. I'll end up going back to once a week pretty quickly.

From these pictures taken 06th March 2013 pictures you'll see that I don't have a weight issue..




Its just getting off that last bit of annoying cover.

I guess its up to the individual in the end. I just think that if I was to recommend this way of losing weight just do one day a week at first to get into the swing of things. Do a lot of reading and find out what kinds of little tips you can do on your eating days to minimise overeating.

Where the NHS gets involved I think their concern is this highlight of eat whatever you want on your normal days. Yes that will work but I think this way of living your week will change you in many ways. You'll notice when you are snacking, over-eating, over-filling. Once a week works as well because a few changes are made in addition.

I certainly think that alternate day fasting is a very short lived method. It could end up putting a person right off the whole idea. Gorging on complete high fat processed foods is not really cultivating a disciplined way of eating.

The one day a week very gently guides you to being more concerned about every day eating.

I've also found that I learn something each week. Like today for instance I decided that late evening is getting really tough. Especially after doing sprinting on the track followed by weight training the day before. So I went down to the local shop and found what salads are next to nothing. Celery sticks were the ones. 4 sticks at a total of 12 calories! Its now 23.00. I feel they topped me up today quite a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment